Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 DT30C plate between water pump and gear housing

Hi,

Iven been troubleshooting som problems with the cooling on my DT30C, and at last I concluded with the problem beeing course corrosion on the plate thats mounted on the lower gear housing, that holds the water pump.

I tried getting the plate loose, but ended up breaking the plate in two. I managed to get both parts loose, but the biggest part, which surrounds the shaft will only go up about 1-2", and feels like a spring pulls it back down.

What do I have to do to get the plate loose? Its the plate which is marked with 14 - 23 on the split schematics. Also, do I need both 14 and 23 parts?

Sincerely

André from the north of Norway.

Not sure unless drive is corroded and bearing is hanging up. You should need number 14.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Just to be sure, the plate I need is the broken one in the attached picture. As I said earlier, I can move it up and down, but it will not let go of the bearing underneath. Is there anything I need to do to get it loose?

And also, is there any difference in engine numbers for this part? If so my engine number is 751106. And could I have the full part number?

Thank you so much, André

Comment

I haven't tried to get it out of a DT30 but don't see anything listed that would have to be removed from inside gearcase, if bearing is corroded to drive shaft may have cut plate down to bearing to remove.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Both bearing and plate moves along the driveshaft. It seems like the bearing is stuck to both the plate and something below.

Comment

Working...
          X