Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 DF50 water pressure valve

Hi Team
    I have a DF50 here ( belongs to our local yacht club ) with a temp warning at low rpm. We have flushed the cooling system fitted a new water pump and thermostat. With forced water pressure from a good hose we have no issues and very good flow.On the water the flow seems a little weak. I suspect it may be the water pressure valve.I have a workshop manual here but it is missing section 7 which i suspect relates to the water pressure valve. Can any one help me with info on the water pressure valve?

Cheers
    Phil
    Waiau Pa Automotive solutions
    New Zealand
    wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

It's number 5 in this diagram 2002 DF50 Suzuki Marine Outboard THERMOSTAT Diagram and Parts
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for that.
      I did find this diagram last week.
      Do you have any service manual info ie How to access it etc?. Will i need any additional parts ,gaskets ,seal etc in order to replace this valve?

Cheers
      Phil

Comment

Phil, it's not a bad idea to also check your thermostat for proper opening specs. I'm not familiar with the DF50 per se, but if it is like its bigger cousins, the flow from the tell tale is not necessarily a good indicator of proper cooling. It does show that your pump is in good condition, but it will have a good flow even with a faulty thermostat, since the tell tale circuit bypasses the engine cooling passages (thus bypassing the thermostat). You can verify this in that the water coming out of the tell tale is considerably cooler than the water out the normal exit point in the prop hub when you run the motor on muffs. On a DF150, for instance, the only place that the water flows before going out the tell tale, is the oil cooler. It takes a whole different route than the actual cooling water.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks Mike
          i will check that out
          Phil

Comment

How hard is the df50 water pressure relief valve to get to? I’m having some overheating problems and suspect it may be the problem

Comment

Working...
            X