DF 140 rigging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 rigging

I purchased a used DF140 Johnzuki 2003 and I am looking into what gages I can use with it. Can I use the SMIS gage and what will I need to hook it up. Things I would like are oil pressure, water pressure, water temp, and tach. Thanks for the help, I'll have more questions as they come up.

Michael

Have a read of this, it will get you started.

Even though not stated, yes, you should be able to get NMEA2000 data out of your JonZuki to display on a SMIS gauge or any other NMEA2000 display such as a GpS or sounder screen.

http://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowra...Connection.pdf

More details here:

Suzuki NMEA 2000 newtork + standard Suzuki gauges - it can be done - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Cheers

Grant

Comment

Grant,

That is good information but I am looking to just hook up gages at the dash and not through my graph. Does the SMIS gage on suzukis site require the NMEA 2000 connection. Am I better off with the tack with dummy lights? I was hoping for real readouts for oil pressure, water pressure and water temp. Thanks

Comment

The SMIS gauge is a NMEA 2000 display, it will ONLY work if connected to the engine via a NMEA2000 network. It will not work if connected directly to the engine.

And it will not give you oil pressure or water pressure as the engine does not transmit this data to the NMEA network.

If you want to keep it simple, just get the Suzuki tach that includes the 4 warning lights, this gives you most of the basics and with the warning lights hooked up to the harness also gives you any fault codes that occur. You could add a separate temp gauge if you want to monitor temp more closely rather than relying on the "idiot lights".

Suzuki Outboard - 34200-93J11 - White Tachometer w/Monitor

The advantage of going theNMEA2000 route is that it gets you fuel data (fuel used, fuel remaining, seasonal fuel used etc, and if the network also has a GPS connected, gives you instant fuel mileage readings, distance to empty etc. plus it gives tacho, engine temp, engine voltage, trim position, plus various warning alarms.

And all of these bits of data can be displayed on any NMEA2000 displays that are connected to your network. Simultaneously if you want to!

Comment

Working...
        X