1995 DT90 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 DT90 Issues

i have a 1995 dt90 that i have been working on for 4 years, this year i went through the TPV and set it at the proper voltage per the manual. i took off the oil injection and was just running 50:1 mix. on the oil flow sensor i jumped both wires together. i went to the lake and fired up the motor and it is idling high(not touching the idle stop screw) and will not go any higher than 1900 rpm. can anyone help me with my issues as i am tired of pulling my hair out after 4 years of this thank you

Check compression, Test TPS through full range, check for fire on all cylinders.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

i checked everything and i found that i have no spark on one cylinder, full spark on one, really intermittant spark on one and the last cylinder will spark on one startup but when you stop the engine it willnot spark. i am thinking it may be either the charging coils or the cdi box. i have no way of testing the cdi box and i am unsure of what wires i need to check for the charging coils as my wire colors do not match the wire colors in my manual.

Comment

after many hours of trouble shooting i have discovered that bad plugs and a faulty cdi were the culprits that were creating my havok.

Comment

Working...
        X