2000 Suzuki df 50 water in oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Suzuki df 50 water in oil

I have a 2000 df 50 Suzuki I had water in the oil, so I took the engine apart down to the crankcase. Could not find any thing, that I could point to, to say where the water was coming from. I cleaned and reassembled the motor with new seal and gaskets. I took it out for a fishing trip and checked the oil when I got back, and it had water in it again. The motor has very little corrosion. I have put air pressure in the crankcase, and don't hear any coming out other then the exhaust, witch, is going past the rings. the motor runs great no miss. Can anyone tell me what to look for next. confused!

Must have a crack in block or in head, you can check with machine shops in your area to see if they can pressure test it for leaks.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

alumaseal

thanks do you think alumaseal would seal the crack, if that is what it is?

Comment

I also was getting water in my oil in my df175, it was a warped head. Did the motor ever over heat. Just my experience.

Comment

never overheated or any other problem just started getting water in oil

Comment

Working...
          X