DF140 Temp light and Rev Limit light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 Temp light and Rev Limit light

I have a 2007 DF 140 and it will run fine sometimes. Butttt alot of times I will be traveling at near full throttle and the boat will die and come off plane and cut off. I can restart it and it will run fine for a while then do it again. Every time it would die it would flash them temperature light. Now its flashing the temperature and the REV limit light. It is peeing a decent stream but I am going to replace the water pump anyway. Any help?????? Im lost.

This might sound weird, but check the port side of the engine block down near the water flushing port.

There is a kind of welsh plug there that corrodes and it is not uncommon for the exhaust gas that escapes to damage the wiring loom and produce error codes, and also the escaping exhaust gas can create the kind of engine cut-out symptoms you have described.

If you search for "DF140 corrosion issues" on this site you will find related info.

Comment

I have a suzuki DF115 doing the same thing. Did you end up finding what the problem was?

Comment

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...-on-2004-df115

Comment

Working...
        X