Suzuki df6 suffocates after 1h working fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki df6 suffocates after 1h working fine

Hello, I'm new on this forum. I've just buyed a new suzuki df6 (2014), four stroke 6hp. I have a big problem: I've sailed two times with my suzumar 310VIb (this was a pack) and the first time, it soffocated after 1h working fine. It stopped suddently and it didn't start again ( it loses fuel from the carburetor screw, like there was too much fuel in it. i tried to emty it loosen the screw, and then it starded fine; but after 1 minut it stopped. I brought it to the shop after 3h, and there worked fine. Next day I tried again, it worked well two ours and then it soffocated again (I was very far from the coast!). The shop mechanics tiried it the next day several hours, and they didn't see any problem! They can't help me, they say it works good.

-I only use the starter for start when the engine is cold.
    -the fuel breather is open
    -oil level is ok
    -the bejaia and filters are ok
    -I use internal fuel diposit
    -engine position is ok, very vertical

I don't know what to do, I'm sure there is a problem in my suzuki new outborad, but the shop doesn't find anything wrong.
    Help me please!

If carb is flooding then need to check float and float valve in carb and if any thrash is in carb.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply.. The shop cleaned already the carburator and verified the float, despite it seems strange that the carburator was dirty the first time of use, doesn't it?
      On the other hand, is there any fuel flow regulator? Maybe it should be adjusted or it is better not to touch it?
      Thanks for your help, I'm not very confident in the mechanic of the shop where I bought it.

Comment

No there is no regulator. If it's still flooding after was cleaned then may see if Suzuki will authorize a new carb.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X