DF225 oil and water issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF225 oil and water issue

I have recently found water in my engine oil, along with water on cylinder 3 spark plug.
    Engine is a DF225 with over 1000hr on it.
    I am thinking i have a crack head gasket or even a cracked head.
    reason, when started cold engine runs fine, once she heats up a bit we have uneven/rough idle.

any thoughts and suggestions. looking at pulling the starboard head off to confirm this issue.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Let us know how the investigations go.

Comment

Well, no cracks showing up on the head or gasket, but looks like the head has heated up enough to warp it. allowing salt water to get between the gasket head/block causing corrosion on cylinder 3, attached pictures.

Looking at replacing valve,ring,gaskets and bearings, once we can skim the block and head to a smooth surface.
      Attached Files

Comment

Good work. Thanks for updating us.

Don't forget to find the cause of the overheating at the same time as you do the other repairs, otherwise you risk having it happen again. Water pump, water passages, poppit valve and thermostats all worth checking. Not to mention making sure fuel is never stale.

Cheers

ML

Comment

ML,
          thermostats open fine, need to check poppit valve. we did find a bit of calcium build up and flake in the water passages along with sand, but have cleaned this out as best as possible.

Thanks for the advise. just have to sort parts and the surface grind to prepare for the rebuild. might take a month or 2, parts take time to arrive here in PNG.

Comment

If you need to get parts from here in Aus, my local Suzuki guy is excellent and would take care of you. Bayside Suzuki Marine, Cleveland Qld, talk to Jon Eadie.
            Tell him Grant recommended him (again!)

Bayside Suzuki Marine
            Outboard Service & Sales, Spe******t Suzuki Service, Suzuki Elite Dealer. Garmin Electronics Dealer.

0407 738 731

3/55 Shore Street
            CLEVELAND QLD 4123

07 3341 0479
            suzukiparts@bigpond.com
            Suzuki Outboard Motors | Suzuki Marine | Worlds Best 4-Stroke

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, i will check our agent it brissie and see if they have check with Bayside Suzuki Marine.

cheers

Comment

Working...
              X