New member and DF60A owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and DF60A owner!

Checking in to say a quick "Hi" to forum members. Just got back from the dealer with my new DF60A. Had mixed feelings swapping out my '95 Evinrude 60, but I had a problem I could not diagnose (fixed itself?). A good friend always speaks highly about his Suzuki OB, so in a moment of weakness (or strength perhaps), I decided it was time! Now just need time to get on the water.

I am sure you will enjoy the new Zuke 60A.

Welcome to the world of:

Quiet
    No smoke
    Smooth
    Sips fuel

Probably the one thing i would add to people new to 4 strokes is that getting the right prop and engine height to suit your particular boat/motor is fairly important and is perhaps not quite as easy to do as the old 2 strokes. But its not too hard either!

So, if she's not performing up to expectations, check the engine height first (cav plate should be just skimming the surface trimmed out normally at a fast cruise speed) and then ask your dealer to work with you to get the right prop.

These engines really love (and need) to rev out to near the top of their max recommended rpm ranges in order to perform well and last long. So run her in and then give her a steady burst of full throttle, trim her out, and make sure you are hitting very close to max rpm's and that the engine height is good.

Best of luck with your new toy!

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter. Dealer did the adjustments - and told me to test out the prop... Going out for the 15 minutes of idle in gear then keeping her under 3,000 for the next few hours. Been going nuts reading up and preparing. April sales (in US) got a nice rebate and 6 years of protection. I got the Diagnostic tool from eBay (pretty reasonable), so I'm all decked out... Probably going a bit overboard (sorry about all the puns), but I usually hold on to my motors for 10+ years... Hopefully you won't have me posting a lot of repair questions soon!

Comment

Working...
      X