DT 65 Power Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 65 Power Loss

I have a Suzuki DT65 that is playing up. It starts first turn and idles as sweet as a nut. The harbour has a 6kt speed limit and the engine doesn't miss a beat. When I open the throtle it is straight up on the plane cruising at aboout 20kts or 26 wot. After about a minute it looses power and drops to about 8kts. If I thottle back to idle for a minute then open up it leaps forward for about a minute then looses power again. It doesn't cut out, just sticks to this cycle of go and then die. It screams a fuel problem to me so I've checked all the connections on the fuel line, cleaned the filter and refurbished the fuel pump but the problem remains. Don't think it is a carb issue as all 3 would have to have the same intermitent fault at the same time consistently. It is very frustrating and has got me beat. Any clever clogs out there got any suggestions? It's a 1997 model.

Do you have any warning lights on the monitor gauge? What is your max rpm at WOT?

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have any dials or guages on the boat.

Comment

It may be under-propped and hitting the limiter, hard to know without a tach.

Comment

If anyone experiences similar problems, it turned out to be the female connector at the engine end of the fuel line. Only took a few squirts of WD40 and about 3 weeks of frustration!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tapdancinglordsnooty View Post
            If anyone experiences similar problems, it turned out to be the female connector at the engine end of the fuel line. Only took a few squirts of WD40 and about 3 weeks of frustration!!!
            the simplest things can cause the most headaches

Comment

dt55 same problem bogging after minute of wot HELP

i am having the same problem with my dt55 wot it goes for about 30 seconds to 2 min and boggs down after no warning sounds coming from motor replaced fuel lines and brand new fuel pump. drained carb bowls and new gas. seems to also do it in rough water or going over boat wakes. have not replaced fuel filter or cleaned it . would the fuel filter cause such issues? i do not have female and male connectors . as described in the above thread that fixed the problem . any help would be great >>>>>>>

Comment

Definately check the filter, if that doesn't work I'd think about replacing the needle valves, giving the carbs a good clean whilst you are at it.

Comment

How does the fuel line connect to the tank and engine?

Comment

Ok will check on the carbs and replace filter. My fuel line is connected with a small end big end connector piece. Was on there and like that when i bought it. I do have another engine dt 65 with bad bottom piston i use for parts i can take fuel connector piece off that if its suppose to have it and needs it. Any other suggestions. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X