SUZUKI DF 115 oil pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUZUKI DF 115 oil pan

I just bought a sea fox with two DF 115's,today i was working on the boat and this is what i found on the oil pan,it's a plate 2"x3" and it is on both engines and was covered with some painted two compound stuff,i'm new to boats and outboards but I don't think this is original.
    Can someone te'll me why or what?Thanks
    Attached Files

Looks like salt water corrosion, check for water leaks.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

That was a drain plug that went away. Powerhead needs to come off..

Comment

that appears to be where a steel plug was in the engine holder that will corrode bad . It is a commom problem for suzukis. you may want to google engine holder corrossion on suzukis to learn more about this. Most people say there are 2 fixs one being welding the hole up where the plug was or replacing the engine holder.

Comment

It doesn't leak water,have to take the plates of to see how big the damage is,if welding is possible

Comment

If you want to keep the engines, remove all that crap, and clean it up and weld what's left, or, replace the engine holders, it is NOT salt water corrosion that is in the dry part of the exhaust system, no salt water goes near it, so there will not be any water leaks.

Comment

Working...
            X