• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df50 operating hour indication system doesn't works

hello all
    I didn't know that this feature was installed on my df50
    I saw at page 85 in the service manual
    the problem is that I didn't see any light or any rpm indication when turned ON
    I just see the four lamps and buzzer sounds for 2 seconds, no more lights

anyone can help me ?
    thanks

Your tach doesn't respond at all? It's supposed to indicate hours right after the warning lights go out. How many hours do you have on the motor?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

No, it doesn't respond
      Warning lights and buzzer sounds but nothing after
      I am not sure about the hours on the motor because I bought the boat last year and the old owner said me that it was a suzuki motor rather new but it seems to have more than 50 hours, or not ?
      If the motor has less than 50 hours no light and no rpm is indicated, I know
      Is it any way to check it is working fine or I have to wait for 51 hours ?
      thanks again

Comment

Well, if you're really wanting to know, there's a couple ways to find the engine hours. If you have an NMEA 2000 system set up, and an engine interface connected to it, you can usually read the hours from a chartplotter or other instrument that is also connected to the system. Otherwise, the other way would be to have a dealer hook up a computer to the engine, and read any of the stored info in the ECM, including engine hours.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

ok
          first option is not possible
          second option, it would be but I don't know how to connect a computer to the engine, I don't know what connector is the right one and what is the right software too
          I will try to find this way
          thanks

Comment

iosuruiz, I'm a new owner and have less than 50 hours on my outboard. For a rather small amount ~$100), you can buy an interface for your outboard (I got my on eBay - link: Professional Suzuki Outboard Marine Diagnostic Set All EFI 4 Stroke DF40 300 | eBay). You hook this up using a laptop computer and the Suzuki software included. It gives you everything you could possibly want to know about your engine (including hours). I believe that's what Harper referred to when he mentioned hooking up your engine to a computer. Best of luck.

Comment

thanks a lot !!!

Comment

Working...
              X