Suzuki DT60 Clutch Rod Stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DT60 Clutch Rod Stuck

I have a 1983 Suzuki DT60. I tried removing the lower unit but didn't know to disconnect the clutch shaft from the clutch rod. Now the clutch rod is out too far and won't connect to the clutch shaft when I try putting it back. It's out maybe 1/8" too far it seems. How do I get it to go back in place. I tried pushing (gently) but nothing. It will turn side-to-side but not up-and-down. Any help is appreciated.

It takes very little effort to pull on the shift rod and render it inoperable. The shift rod operates by moving up and down. If it's properly installed, with the push rod riding in the cam slot, it would not turn side to side. if you applied any force to try and remove the lower unit with the shift rod still attached at the top, it's time to take it in for repair.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. About what would it cost to fix? Just wondering if I'm looking at a $100 or $1000 mistake.

Comment

I couldn't even guess, especially this time of year when everyone is slammed and charging top dollar. The only upside to complete disassembly is getting new seals and possibly replacing a worn clutch dog.

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X