Suzuki marine connectors (CN0124?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki marine connectors (CN0124?)

Just got a trim gauge for my Suzuki DF60A. Was able to hook up everything except the trim signal. On the gauge, it comes with a waterproof connector (instead of bullet connectors). The installation instructions (search for IS0172_B_suzuki_trim_gauge.pdf - page 3) shows the White/Yellow and black wires ending in a CN0124 connector (I guess it's the connector number?). My harness has the same color wires, but they are bullet connectors. I really don't want to cut any "factory" wires if I don't have to. My search for CN0124 connectors comes up with nothing? Is there a pigtail that goes from this connector to the bullet connectors on the harness? If so, where can one buy it? Perhaps I'm searching incorrectly, but I cannot find any information on this connector.

Thanks for any help

Not sure exactly what that connector looks like, but these guys have many different types of connectors.

We use the Sumitomo HM ones for some Suzuki outboard NMEa wiring so they might eb the ones you are looking for?

Sealed

Comment

Moonlighter - bingo! I literally searched for 2 hours trying to find the right connector... The crumb trail was off using the CN0124 reference. Not sure what that means (from the directions sheet) but the Sumitomo HM series appears to be an exact match. Ordered up some connectors and bullet connectors too. Other than not having the correct pigtail supplied, I love the fact that the gauge's supplied wiring has an extra bullet connector for each input - so the wiring harness is still set up for adding additional gauges in parallel.

Thanks a plenty!

TJB

Comment

TJB

No worries!

I have dealt with Eastern Beaver on several occasions to buy plugs and wiring and have found their service to be quick and prices very reasonable. The plugs are easy to assemble, and the pins can be removed by lifting up a tag from the front end and gently pulling the wire out from the back at the same time, so this makes them easy to adjust if you get the pin placement wrong.

I actually bought a few different ones from them because they look so good and are not only waterproof but also those plugs are designed to live in hot engine bays as well, so very durable.

Well worth filing away for future reference!

Comment

Still no love with trim gauge?

So - I got the correct connector and hooked up my gauge. It reads full trim (up) all the time. Makes no difference where the motor is trimmed. I hooked it in series with the tach (using appropriate wires IAW the wiring diagram). See attached. The odd thing is, the black and white/yellow stripe wires provide "odd" characteristics. With the key on, I get -2.6 V across the wires (black presumably ground). If I measure white/yellow against common ground, it's 0 V. Resistance has similar characteristics. The odd thing is that no matter where the motor is trimmed, the voltage or resistance does not change (when jumpered to ship ground, there is a momentary fluctuation, but then back to the same value)? According to the scantool, my trim voltage range is 1.23V down and 4.02 V up. I thought the gauge would "read" voltage (and maybe it does - just -2.6 causes confusion). It's hard to tell from the wiring diagram if the meter is fuse-protected - it appears only the switch is (Fuse 5). Fuses look OK to me...

Anyone know what I "should" expect voltage or resistance-wise on the feed wires to the trim gauge? Perhaps the gauge is bad, but not seeing any change on Voltage/resistance makes me think it's something in the sending unit/ECM?

Thanks
          Tom
          Attached Files

Comment

Here is a great US resource for connectors https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pr...oducts_id/5301

Comment

Working...
            X