Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch rod dissassembly, DT200 -87

Hello,

I am repairing a cracked lower case housing and at same time changing all the seals. Everything is now okay for rebuild except the clutch rod and sealings in it.

Three questions:

1. How do I dissassemble the rod assembly. Need to do that in order to change those inner o-rings and shaft seal. I don't want all those small balls and springs hit my nose when doing somehing unwise. I have Clymer shop book, but it have zero info.
    2. I bought lower gear case seal kit. I didn't have these seals (at least not the shaft seal). Should the kit have this also meaning I got defected kit or is it sold separately?
    3. The rod action itself. Should it have three distinct stages (FRW-NTRL-REV) or just two (FRW-REV) and neutral on between. Just trying to figure out how it works.

Thanks in advance.

Capt.
    Last edited by CaptDjob; 05-06-2014, 07:04 AM. Reason: I am talking about the vertical clutch connection rod that move up and down inside the lower unit

Answering to myself.
    Vertical rod assembly is disassembled by opeing the screw on the side and then taking completely off those those two shallow screws with springs and ball under them. Then the system just slides out. No need to take that rod next to slideshaft away, just take the pin of the end lever away and that magnet bracket. Also the complete shaft comes out as one part so now flying balls or springs (except the balls under those two screws drops)

No idea

Clutch clearly has three stages, it was just really tight.

Comment

And finally:

2. So it seams that DT200 -87-88 doesn't have complete seal kit of their own. At least brownspoint offers the kit only for -89 and up. And difference between these models seems to be at least this shift shaft construction. So remember, if you order this kit, order these three seals separately:
      - O-ring inner 09280-14010
      - O-ring outer 09280-24003
      - Scraper 09284-14004

One word about dissassembly. Be carefull when extracting those old seals. O-rings are installed in plastic bushing and that busing is end of life in spare parts. So don't damage it.

Comment

Working...
      X