Suzuki df 70 vs yamaha 70 which to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki df 70 vs yamaha 70 which to buy

I have sunchaser 820 pontoon and Need a new motor. Currently have a df70 what is the difference in Zuki and yammis other $1200 ?

The Yamaha is a great motor, but in reality, it is a "stretched" 60hp.

If the boat was weight sensitive, particularly at the transom, then it would be the best choice. But I doubt a pontoon boat will fit that category?

It is lighter than the Zuke, but less cubic capacity than the Zuke which is in effect a de-rated 90. The Zuke will therefore be stronger, more torque from the extra cubic capacity.

If the vessel can legally take a 90 and would not be affected much by the bit of extra weight aft, i would put the 90 Zuke on the back, for the same weight and size as the 70, plus 20 more hp up your sleeve. Might not be working as hard to push her along too. Fuel usage would be similar to the 70s regardless of brand.

That, plus as my mechanic said to me when I bought my 115, "I have never had anyone come back to me after buying a new motor and complain that they had too much hp, but quite a few have regretted not going to the max that was allowable".

Both are very nice motors and on the right boat they would both perform really well. Tough choice.

Comment

Thanks for info

Suzuki is about 1200 cheaper than yammi and pocketbook hurts when they start quoting me figures. Suzuki offering 6 yes warranty right nw so I am looking that way.

Comment

Then it would be a no-brainer to go with the Zuke. Check the price on the 90, might still be much the same as the 70 Yammy!

Comment

Working...
        X