Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim cylinder--HELP

2009 DF 150 4 stroke

I ordered the O ring seal kit for the tilt cylinder. PART# 48627-95E00.

This includes the O rings for the inside of the unit but I'm still missing the seal that slides on the ram on the very top cap. The one you can actually see from looking down.

I've talked to I- boats and several dealers and they say that I have to buy the entire ram assembly...which cost over $ 300 just to get the one seal that might actually cost $5.

Can someone please explain why/how this can be?

I've called Suzuki customer service with horrible results. Ive called several dealers that have no idea why this seal is not listed separate.

Somebody has to have went through this problem in the past or knows why this is.

Thanks for the help.

Suzuki doesn't offer just the seal only complete piston assemble. Yamaha uses same type of trim unit and might could match up a seal from them but would be wild guess as to which one would work.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Thank you,

Why is this the case? It seems like horrible customer service that you have to spend 300 dollars for a $5 seal.

I can say one thing for sure.....If Suzuki can't sell me this seal for a fair price I will be selling my suzuki motor and go to an engine manufacturer supports the people that buy there product.

This is my first experience with corporate suzuki and I'm very very dissatisfied to say the least.

Comment

that is not a seal its a dust cover.if its not broken just reuse it

Comment

Working...
        X