Df70, 2008 for sale question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df70, 2008 for sale question

I just took off a used df70 on a boat I bought with less than 50 hrs on it. Zuki dealer says water in oil and cylinders not worth repairing as too costly? So I need to sell it for parts. What should I sell it for and how do you sell one as outside and under cowl look brand new. Boat was owned by elder couple, kept under boat dock shed but didn't run it for a year or more. I guess that is why internals corroded or something.

I'm new to the 4-stroke game (and to this forum). Saw your earlier post. I have had seals go bad in 2-stroke engines (both resulted in water entering crankcase). One I allowed to sit and it was run in salt water. Result - rusted everything. The second time, I disassembled right away (freshwater run). Was able to replace the seal and everything was good.

I suspect the dealer knows best, but a motor with under 50 hours seems worth investing some time in? I'd perhaps change the oil and run it on the muffs. Then look at the oil for emulsification. Maybe install new plugs too, then observe after a short run. Not sure where the seals are on your 4-stroke, but if you can trace it to a cylinder or perhaps main bearing/seal, perhaps a repair might not be too costly? No expert, but a motor with 50 hours being shot seems odd to me (every outboard owners manual I've had contains procedures for reviving a sunken motor....).

Comment

Working...
    X