df150 noise oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df150 noise oil filter

i have a suzuki df150 2010 model, which has been overhauled and it is giving a unusual sound from the oil filter below 3000rpm, after 3000rpm the engine is quite and gives a smooth sound no oil light or alarm coming just the loud noise from the oil filter.please advice on this issue

I'm a bit puzzled how you could ascertain that it's coming from the oil filter. Seems like a strange source of noise, but I guess a bypass valve could flutter or something. So heck, if you're convinced that the filter is the source of the noise, why not just change the filter and see what happens?
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

i have changed the oil filter and also the oil pump, could it be the balancer unit worn out, and also like on a df140 they have a oil pressure valve on the cylinder head, while as on my df150 i couldn't find any so what component pressurizers oil on df150

Comment

The oil pressure regulator is basically a pressure relief valve, and is integral to the oil pump. Under excess pressure, the relief valve opens to bleed off some oil directly back to the oil pan.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

thanks i have checked it but i found out the problem to this noise, it was the con-rod and main bearings wearing out, the captain started the boat after being over hauled and straight away went to full throttle, so have opened and installed new bearings and the motor is running fine.

thank you

Comment

Glad to hear that you're back on the water. Thanks for letting us know.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
            X