Not Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Running

My Suzuki DF60 motor is turning over and it has fire at the spark plugs and gas but it will not start. New plugs, fuel filter, new gas, oil filter, and oil. Plugs are getting gas and spark.

Check compression and timing, both could result in having spark and gas but not starting

how do you know for certain you are getting gas into the engine? is it carbed or fuel injection?

try squirting starter fluid into the intake and see if it tries to start, if it does your gas supply is the problem

also make sure you have good fresh gas, old gas can lose octane and not want to burn right
    Last edited by keakar; 05-18-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

my motor is fuel injected am getting fuel up to injectors also getting 11.5 volts to injectors if I remove injector assembly pour gas into motor it will run I removed injector assembly and crank motor no gas sprays from injectors

Comment

on my DF40 i have a high pressure fuel pump in the vapor body (fancy name for what works as a carburetor bowl) behind the intake manifold and you need to make sure its working and if you have not just fuel pressure but high pressure fuel at the injectors and if you do then the injectors are clogged (not likely all at the same time) or they are not being told to open.

having voltage to them may be normal and they may fire when voltage is disconnected like ignition coils do.

you need a service manual to run through the proper testing steps to find the problem.

I dont want to jump to any conclusions but as far as I know the ECM module $$$$ controls the injector firing
        Last edited by keakar; 05-18-2014, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X