Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 115 shaft length measurement

Greeting Experts,
    I have an 87 DT 115 that the lower unit was dissembled when I acquired it. I am trying to figure out if it is a long or short shaft version. Can anyone be kind enough to explain to me where on the dissembled shaft to take measurements to determine this and what they should be for both long/short? From what I have read there are 20" and 25" shaft lengths.
    I think it is something along the lines of measuring from the upper spline end to approx where the machines surface is for the shaft seal but google has been of no assistance.
    I can tell you there is/was no spacer plate between the lower unit and the motor when I got it but I want to make sure it just wasn't MIA when i got this motor.

Anyone also know a source for a lower unit? I am having a very difficult time trying to locate a replacement. Except for the $1600 rebuild that is on ebay.

Regards,
    Tim

The measurement is from underneath transom bracket on engine(where it would sit on transom of boat) down to cavitation plate on lower unit, which will give you transom height. Don't have the measurements of drive shaft.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Suzuki Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X