2006 DF250 Possible Water in Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF250 Possible Water in Oil

I was down in the Keys this weekend and noticed my motor was idling a little rough. I had just returned from offshore at WOT (6000) RPM with no issues. When pulling in to the marina I noticed it was idling funny. I quickly checked a few things and discovered that if I run it up while in neutral it begins to cut out at 2900-3000 RPM. Also, I checked the oil and it was milky (chocolate milk). I towed the boat home and drained the oil and replaced the oil filter and oil but have not yet started it. I decided to check the plugs- 5 of 6 were good but one was wet (didn't smell of gas or oil so assume it was water). Any recommendations?

rpms

my 115 Suzuki in neutral will not go over 2900 rpms I think its a safety feature .............. the oil part I cant help

Comment

you have a blown head gasket at least, hopefully its not a crack in the block or head or a warped head.

from the way you described it I think you will be lucky and its just the gasket since you didn't run it hot or overheat it.

as a_bay_charter mentioned there is a neutral rev limiter that keeps the rpms low so that's why you saw it cutting out in neutral like that, when its in gear the rev limiter cuts in at much higher rpms (red line) or it happens art any time if the motor is overheating
      Last edited by keakar; 05-20-2014, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'm taking it to a Suzuki Dealer tomorrow. I turned the engine over with the bad plug out and rusty water shot out. I had a cylinder rebuilt less than two years ago for the same issue (water in the cylinder). It may be time to upgrade......

Comment

Now I don't want to sound like a vulture about to swoop on some prey... but, if it's going to be scrapped and parted out, PLEASE let me know, I am after a starboard head for one of those, and will pay, and take care of full shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by noelm007 View Post
            Now I don't want to sound like a vulture about to swoop on some prey... but, if it's going to be scrapped and parted out, PLEASE let me know, I am after a starboard head for one of those, and will pay, and take care of full shipping.
            lol hey I don't blame you, heads are about as hard to find as free money these days.

seams like the heads are the first things to get destroyed on most newer motors

Comment

Can you tell me what you found out? I had the same problem recently.
              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X