Starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problem

My 60 hp Suzuki four stroke has just six hours on it and I have a starting problem. It just buzzes once when I try to start it. After shaking the shift lever and the kill switch after a few tries it starts. Is this the cause of the neutral safety switch and if so how do I correct it>

This is very interesting. I just purchased a DF60A (April special) and have about 8 hours on my engine. I too noticed this (twice). Giggling the shift level seemed to do the trick for me. Perhaps a quality issue with recently-manufactured control boxes? I'm going to document the occurrence(s) from here out and discuss with the dealer if it continues. Aside from this issue, I am loving the new power plant!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBDEVLIN View Post
      My 60 hp Suzuki four stroke has just six hours on it and I have a starting problem. It just buzzes once when I try to start it. After shaking the shift lever and the kill switch after a few tries it starts. Is this the cause of the neutral safety switch and if so how do I correct it>
      You take it back to the dealer, that's how! Anything you do to try to fix it may void warranty.

Take it back or at the very least talk to the dealer and ask their advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        You take it back to the dealer, that's how! Anything you do to try to fix it may void warranty.

Take it back or at the very least talk to the dealer and ask their advice.
        I agree 100% its a shifter adjustment that isn't right or a faulty neutral switch but let the dealer sort it out or you will void your warranty

Comment

Working...
        X