Possible ECU issues on DF40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible ECU issues on DF40

I started out yesterday morning engine running good as usual. My Dad and I stopped to net some finger mullet, and when we went to run to or fishing spot my motor started to miss at 5200 RPM engine light came on and sounded. I shut it down and checked a few things to make sure I wasn't leaking any fluids. Started it up again same issue, so we decided to limp back to the dock.I took it to a marine shop I always go to, and bought some new plugs thinking I may have fouled a plug. Tried again no go, hooked it up to the computer at the shop and it was reading all kinds of issues and basically wasn't making any sense saying the motor had issues at 2000 + hours when there is only 245 hours total on the motor. The shop owner told me he was 95 % sure it was a ECU issue . What I am wanting to know is if anyone has had a similar issue and what was the final fix.

Thanks for any response
    Last edited by Florida Fisherman; 05-26-2014, 01:47 PM.
    18' Crestliner with a 2000 Suzuki DF 40

Originally posted by Florida Fisherman View Post
    I started out yesterday morning engine running good as usual. My Dad and I stopped to net some finger mullet, and when we went to run to or fishing spot my motor started to miss at 5200 RPM engine light came on and sounded. I shut it down and checked a few things to make sure I wasn't leaking any fluids. Started it up again same issue, so we decided to limp back to the dock.I took it to a marine shop I always go to, and bought some new plugs thinking I may have fouled a plug. Tried again no go, hooked it up to the computer at the shop and it was reading all kinds of issues and basically wasn't making any sense saying the motor had issues at 2000 + hours when there is only 245 hours total on the motor. The shop owner told me he was 95 % sure it was a ECU issue and it would be 1700 just for the part. What I am wanting to know is if anyone has had a similar issue and what was the final fix.

Thanks for any response
    my df40 just died with a bad head issue so im about to list everything to sell for parts so if you need a good working ECM send me a PM with a reasonable offer for the ECM and anything else you might need and we can talk.

I have the entire outboard motor ready to be parted out and only the heads are bad, motor has less then 300 hours on it
    Last edited by keakar; 05-26-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X