Df 25 shifting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df 25 shifting problems

I have 2010 df25 v-twin. I am having problems shifting into reverse. When I am in neutral it sounds like its partially in gear because I hear a "clicking" noise. I have checked the linkage down to the lower unite and all seems good. I have disconnected the linkage to check for "binding" and all seems good. I do notice lots of flexing of the bracket that the linkage is attached to when I move the shift handle, but when its unhooked it moves freely. The shaft going into the lower unite also moves freely when unhooked. . I have tried to adjust the linkage but the problem only gets worse. No matter how I adjust it I cannot get it into reverse. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Charles

pull the lower unit and set it on the table. now shift it by hand and see if there are any issues with going into gear, if not then the shift rod must have been bent somehow. if you still find the same issues with it on the table then the gearbox has shifting issues and needs fixing.

Comment

I just got done doing that, it appears that not only does it not go into reverse but also jumps out of reverse when I manually put it into reverse by hand with the linkage detached. I guess it is still possiable that he linkage is bent, other than getting a new one there is no way of telling that it is or not. I guess my next step is to open up the lower unite and check everything out in there just for piece of mind. Thank you for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by cgctexas View Post
        I just got done doing that, it appears that not only does it not go into reverse but also jumps out of reverse when I manually put it into reverse by hand with the linkage detached. I guess it is still possiable that he linkage is bent, other than getting a new one there is no way of telling that it is or not. I guess my next step is to open up the lower unite and check everything out in there just for piece of mind. Thank you for replying.
        there is a lever or some call it a shift fork that moves the gears to engage forward or reverse.

think back, you must recall "something" that happened to cause this issue. it wouldn't just get bent on its own like that so maybe its not bent and you have something that just came loose inside the gearbox,.

good luck with it, I hope its a simple fix

Comment

Found my problem. There is a pin that goes through the output shaft that holds the pin that ingages the shifting dog, it was bent and damaged. With it being bent it would not allow the dog to fully engage. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

glad you got it sorted out

Comment

Working...
            X