Df300 auxiliary charging lead question--twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df300 auxiliary charging lead question--twins

I have twin 300s 2014 model. I have a four battery setup--a starting battery for each motor and two house batteries. Currently only the port motor charges the two house batteries. Can I hook up the starboard aux charging lead to the other house battery without damaging the isolator? I'm getting conflicting feedback. The two house batteries are wired together parallel. Thanks from a new member.
    Last edited by 31Prowler; 05-30-2014, 08:34 AM.

So you're saying that everything that runs from your house batteries are 24V apparatus? Lights, instruments, electronics, etc? And this 24V house battery bank is being charged by a 12V source? Are you sure you didn't mean that the house batteries are hooked up in parallel?
    Last edited by Harper; 05-30-2014, 08:27 AM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
      So you're saying that everything that runs from your house batteries are 24V apparatus? Lights, instruments, electronics, etc? And this 24V house battery bank is being charged by a 12V source? Are you sure you didn't mean that the house batteries are hooked up in parallel?
      You are correct-- they are parallel. 12v. I didn't proofread.

Comment

The attachment shows the hookup for three batteries for two motors. I think that you could consider the center battery (referred to as "second battery") as your two batteries in parallel, and hook up accordingly. Isolation is the thing here, and the isolation cables should take care of that. (To enlarge, click on the thumbnail, then click on the picture that comes up and click on the image a third time to enlarge it enough to read all the print.)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Harper; 05-30-2014, 09:12 AM.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks. That's what I was looking for

Comment

Good deal! BTW, that's page 11 of the Suzuki Set-up Manual. I maybe should have mentioned it, but since you already have one motor charging two batteries, I assume you know about swapping the 30A fuse when you install the isolator lead, right?
            Last edited by Harper; 05-30-2014, 02:41 PM.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
              Good deal! BTW, that's page 11 of the Suzuki Set-up Manual. I maybe should have mentioned it, but since you already have one motor charging two batteries, I assume you know about swapping the 30A fuse when you install the isolator lead, right?
              Roger that.

Comment

Working...
              X