DF 175 starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 175 starting problem

Hi, i own a DF 175 year 2008 with 400 running hours, perfect engine, like brand new. When i went fishing last day the engines stopped and it was impossible to start it while we where in the middle of nowhere. I tried again and again and no possible. The engine turns, the gas is arriving to the high pressure pump and come out to the injectors bar and the ignition spark plugs works great (i tested them). The batterie is full and when i try to start, the engines turns normally but no power from the engine seems take the relay to start the engine. Is anyone has an idea ? is it from the ECM module ? else ? i have no bip and lights from the gauges ? A response will be appreciate as i live far from a Suzuki retailer !!!

Hi there,

You might want to look at this link:

< http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-manifold.html >

Good luck...

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by RussArran View Post
      Hi there,

You might want to look at this link:

< http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-manifold.html >

Good luck...

Russ
      w o w !

so what is the solution to this? do they recommend you replace the flaps at a certain age or do they just fall apart anytime?

Comment

Well, Suzuki GB (not noted for good customer relations) have denied any fault or responsibility; but when other Suzuki franchises around the world have made good the damage caused I find this hard to accept. The parts in question are not a service item; the replacement manifolds have molded into them the words "Never attempt to disassemble the manifold" which seems to preclude any inspection.

My solution is simple:

Next time, I'll buy from Yamaha. And I advise the rest of you to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by RussArran View Post
          Well, Suzuki GB (not noted for good customer relations) have denied any fault or responsibility; but when other Suzuki franchises around the world have made good the damage caused I find this hard to accept. The parts in question are not a service item; the replacement manifolds have molded into them the words "Never attempt to disassemble the manifold" which seems to preclude any inspection.

My solution is simple:

Next time, I'll buy from Yamaha. And I advise the rest of you to do the same.
          so the only remedy is to replace the whole manifold? that's crazy silly.

so I suppose if you owned one of these motors you would put pulling the manifold off to inspect the plates on the list of yearly maint to do every year?

Comment

The workshop manual for my versions (2007/8) shows how to remove and replace the box; but there is no mention of service interval for the manifold. It would be very interesting to hear from anyone in a Suzuki dealership/service centre anywhere in the world if there have been any bulletins issued about these units...

Comment

Hi, can i have the pages of the manual regarding how to remove the box ? I'll do it in a few weeks when i'll have time.
              Thanks for your comments. I'll post the result of my search after the removing of the manifold.

Comment

Working...
              X