Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF25 Remote Control/Tiller question

I own a DF25 v-twin 2008.
    I am currently operating the motor on tiller control.
    When i bought the engine it came with remote controls.
    For the work i'm doing with this motor; tiller control is more suitable 60/70% of the time.
    However there are some operations where remote control would be advantagous.

Is it possible to have both rigged and have a simple change over system for when i want to use remote?

here is what I would do, if there are times you need remote then just install remote and be done with it.

you just admitted there are times you need it so do it.

YOU CANT HAVE BOTH HOOKED UP AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE THEY INTERFER WITH EACH OTHER

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Heres the reason why I havent installed remote.

For most of the time I am at the stern of the vessel and tiller control is a must due to the nature of the work (I've tried remote b4 and it was a nightmare)
      However, there are times that I am in the fwd to midships part of the boat, whilst underway, where remote controls would be 'handy' but not vital.

Even if I could get just the steering remote control that would be great, I could function fine without the throttle control.

This is the only outboard I have which is why im here. All my experience is with inboard engines. On my other boats remote control is simply achieved by means of a 3-way hradraulic control v/v so this is new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by joe.folan View Post
        Thanks for the response.

Heres the reason why I havent installed remote.

For most of the time I am at the stern of the vessel and tiller control is a must due to the nature of the work (I've tried remote b4 and it was a nightmare)
        However, there are times that I am in the fwd to midships part of the boat, whilst underway, where remote controls would be 'handy' but not vital.

Even if I could get just the steering remote control that would be great, I could function fine without the throttle control.

This is the only outboard I have which is why im here. All my experience is with inboard engines. On my other boats remote control is simply achieved by means of a 3-way hradraulic control v/v so this is new to me.
        ok then, get the old fashioned plastic coated wire cables and pulleys steering setup and hook that up for steering from the front.

when it comes to where you connect it to the motor use 3 links of small chain and on the motor install a eye bolt to where the steering link would attach, now use a snap hook to connect the center link to the eye bolt and you have quick connect and disconnect remote steering.

might get a little tricky not having throttle control though so you might want to think of a way to do that, shifting you don't need to worry about because how often do you really use the shifter anyway
        Last edited by keakar; 06-01-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Yea good idea and thanks for the swift responses. I'll play around with this and see how it goes.
          Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X