Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF25 v-twin throttle hesitation

Hi all,

last year I bought a new DF25 v-twin. The motor performs well with one exception.

Be it hot or cold, since the day I first got the engine, it's had a hesitation when advancing the throttle from low RPM. It has been manageable, but now it starting to bother me a bit. I'm concerned as time goes on this will be a stall point for the engine.

I went to a local Suzuki dealer to ask the question. The service tech knew exactly what I was talking about and told me it is just the way that motor works and there is nothing they can do about it. It's pretty bad, and I am hesitant to accept his answer that there is no fix just yet. There are many carbureted engines out there that accelerate just fine.

I'm interested to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and if they've managed to resolve it. My next step is to approach Suzuki about it but I was hoping that someone here might have some insight before I do.

Thanks,
    Tom

I have the same exact problem with my 06 df25 vtwin. Have cleaned the carb multiple times. After 4 hrs of letting it idle on sat in no longer would do that without it being chocked. I came off plane and it not idle anymore.

Comment

Mine does the same thing. The mid range jet may be getting clogged. It is the one under the rubber cap. I think fuel never drains from this jet and it slowly gets gummed up. You have to remove the jet to properly clean it. I use a bristle from a scrub brush. Don't use anything metal.

The dealer here told me that they are set very very lean to meet emission standards. He would never do it, of course, but he has seen carbs with the cap over the idle enrichment screw drilled off. A quarter turn on the screw helps a lot. On mine, I mean, on one I saw, the adjustment screw was pretty much bottomed out before re setting. It needs a little extra fuel to get through the mid range RPMs.

Comment

Mine did the exact same thing from day one. It was annoying, but it never died completely and didn't get any worse after 5 years of use.

Comment

Working...
        X