bogging down tag full throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bogging down tag full throttle

2001 suziki 140 4 stroke when running a low speed runs great when I go to full throttle it bogs down does not stall . any help

sounds like the rev limiter is kicking in or fuel starvation
    Last edited by keakar; 06-04-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdoc61217 View Post
      2001 suziki 140 4 stroke when running a low speed runs great when I go to full throttle it bogs down does not stall . any help
      Need to provide much more info if you want to get constructive help. We are not mind-readers here!

Please fully describe the symptoms and what you have attempted so far to solve the problem, and whether you have done any other changes recently that could be associated.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 06-04-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

140 4 stroke bogging down at full throttle

I am new to this form and am greatful for any help . I don't think anyone is a mindreader sorry if I did not give enough info. The engine has been well maintained . It sat all last year I was recovering fro an illness . This year when I tried to take the boat out it ran great until I tried to open it up then it bogs down . gas is new I have done nothing els . Just look for some advice as to where to start . Any input would be appreciated Thanks

Comment

were you running ethynol or non ethynol and did you empty and flush the fuel tank before refilling?

do you have built in permanent gas tanks or portables?

did you replace or clean all fuel filters? (good idea)

have you checked and or replaced old fuel lines and primer bulb? (if needed)

did you run any fuel system cleaner in it? (good idea)

Comment

Bogging down at full throttle

Thanks for the reply I did not empty the tank completely I have a permeant tank. I will take your advice and clean or replace filters lines & primer and run a fuel cleaner . Its time to do that anyway . Thanks again for your input

Comment

Working...
            X