2005 DF140 Trim & Tile problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 DF140 Trim & Tile problem

My 2005 DF140 will go down from both switches but will not go up. I tend to use the up/down switches a lot as I fish in a lot of shallow water. After an overnight lay-up, the up switch functioned briefly, then nothing.

The motor appears to have plenty of power going down and sounds fine. There is no noise from a relay clicking or engaging when the up switch is pushed. Does this appear to be a PTT Relay problem? If so, how difficult is it to replace this relay?

yes, it sounds like it. first check voltage on the down relay (green dot) which I think is the pink wire. if you see 12v when you press the up button then the relay is bad.

its always the opposite relay that is bad so if it doesnt go down then the up relay is bad and if it doesn't go down then it is the up relay that is bad. its got something to do with how the wiring is switched around to reverse polarity to the motor.

if its a bad relay there is one here for sale at a good price: Suzuki PT T Relay 38410 94551 for 1986 2010 40 200 DF DT Outboards Relay 2 | eBay

Comment

Working...
    X