Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 suzuki 115

Hi,
    I have a problem that has me stumped. just got this boat. it starts easy, idle's well, and rev right to 3 to 5000 rpm's on muff's. runs and sound clean in the driveway.
    At the dock, all is the same, except will not take any throttle. barely enough to get back on the trailer. Take it home and it revs right up on the muff's.
    Anyone have same problem?

lol, we had an old mercury like that, it would only run in the driveway but not in the water.

by the way, never take it over 3000 on muffs, it doesnt get enough water on muffs to do anything but idle or just above that. we never found the problem and gave the motor away, the guy we gave it too also never was able to fix it and in the end he sold it for parts.

since water is the common factor i'll advise based on that assumption.

I would look into a corrosion issue and check everywhere you have an exhaust connection from the lower unit to the powerhead. my guess is the exhaust is being trapped by the midsection filling with water.

try this, back the motor in the launch just enough to put the lower unit in the water then test as you slowly back the motor in more. when you get to the point the motor has issues reving then note the water height on the midsection and that will clue you in to where to look for a faulty exhaust joint seal
    Last edited by keakar; 06-07-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X