Prop question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop question

Will the Dt 24p props work on the df motors? Why?

you have a 24 pitch prop???? what the heck is it from?

Comment

Originally posted by keakar View Post
      you have a 24 pitch prop???? what the heck is it from?
      Fat Fingers,. Will the dt 25 pitch prop work on a 2012 df175 ? I really need a 24 but hate to send my new Suzuki prop in to be redone. I am looking at a used 14.5 x 25 and am just wondering if they would fit the newer df gear housing and shaft. if they do then I would run it to get some stats and send it off to be redone if needed. I am currently running a 14.75x23p and at full throttle I am hitting the chip and having to back it off or trim it down. It is pushing a 20 ft Seaark procat. It was hitting the chip occasionally before I moved the consoles forward 15 in. but now it can not run full throttle. Motor is mounted in 3rd hole. Thanks for any help.

Comment

I use Michigan XHS hubs on my 2003 DT225...the same XHS hub also fits the newer 150 and up 4 strokes so the spline count and dimensions are the same. USUALLY, and I can't confirm this...the 4 strokes run a lower gear ratio so for a given engine rpm...Thus....the prop turns slower on the 4 strokes allowing for a bigger diameter and possibly a higher pitch. The DT prop will fit on the shaft but might not offer the performance due to a probably smaller diameter even though the pitches are the same..I would confirm the pitch and diameter before purchase

Comment

Working...
        X