DF175 2011 mid section shroud cracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF175 2011 mid section shroud cracking

The mid section shroud keeps cracking on the starboard motor. There is a opening in the front of it above the cavitation plate of the lower unit where the water rushes in . It has been replace under warranty already once and it cracked completely off now. The factory rep. told me to take off and plane out faster to prevent this from happening. So I should not troll or go slow. This is a problem. Is there a fix for this.
    Attached Files

the mid section might be too low in the water but more likely its a bad design flaw.

solution would be a jack plate so you can raise it up at low speeds or buy a new one and before installing it reinforce it with a layer of fiberglass on the inside to add strength to it

Comment

I must say that i have never heard or seen that happen before. If it was a design fault you would see lots of reports of the same thing happening.

Can you post a few pics that shows your engine height on the transom, include some where we can see the cav plate vs the bottom of the hull. I am thinking that perhaps the motor is set far too deep....?

Comment

Engine hight

The dealer installed the motor and tried it higher and it cavitates any higher. The suzuki rep even sad it was mounted correctly.
        The funny thing is its a twin engine 25 betram and it just happens on the starboard engine. The depth finder sensor is on that side and maybe it kicks up the water different.

Comment

Working...
        X