2007 DF 175 Check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF 175 Check engine light

I had a problem with the oil light on , I changed the sending unit to be safe and it was still on , I installed a oil pressure gauge and recorded correct pressures at correct rpms. I thought it must be a ground , looking, meanwhile using the boat close to home check engine light went on , went into limp mode and then shut down. Now I have absolutly nothing... No trim ,start . I do have 12 volts to the motor , all the fuses are good, can't find any bad connections at the motor or battery. Ignition Safety switch is good, Help where do I start ?? Did get a flashing 2-6 which seems to be code 24 CMP sensor . I'm thinking a ground separation / connection somewhere ????? Need an expert opinion please... Thanks , John

someone just posted the other day that these motors have issues with the main fuse connector so check that

Comment

I had that issue last year (white wire with 15 a fuse) I have replaced that and checked it to confirm it was ok. Apparently that is an issue with the 4 stroke suzuki outboard. I wish that was the problem. Have you seen similar issues such as this ?

Comment

[QUOTE=jw1957;12971]I had that issue last year (white wire with 15 a fuse) I have replaced that and checked it to confirm it was ok. Apparently that is an issue with the 4 stroke suzuki outboard. I wish that was the problem. Have you seen similar issues such as this ?

That is what you are reffering to , correct?

Comment

[QUOTE=jw1957;12972]
          Originally posted by jw1957 View Post
          I had that issue last year (white wire with 15 a fuse) I have replaced that and checked it to confirm it was ok. Apparently that is an issue with the 4 stroke suzuki outboard. I wish that was the problem. Have you seen similar issues such as this ?

That is what you are reffering to , correct?
          yep ,that's what I saw

Comment

Just spoke to my dealer , he said becuase the oil light is a false code and 2-6 dissapeared it most certainly is a bad connection somewhere either in the harness or a connector. He said I should just change out the main harness.

Comment

Working...
            X