Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell-tale not flowing when throttled up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell-tale not flowing when throttled up!

Greeting's all. I have a question about the pilot hole and water flow. I have a 2002 DF40 and recently took it out for a run. I had good flow from tell-tale when idling, but when I throttled up to a reasonable speed, the water decreased and appeared to stop flowing. I never got a warning for overheating. I dropped it back down to idle and water began to flow out again. Isn't there supposed to be a steady flow while you are throttled and moving? I'm new to the boat scene so any help would be appreciated.

Take a piece of .040" safety wire and run it up into the telltale hole with the engine running about 1 foot. Then ream it and pull it out, it should flow, if not? change your water impeller because the tell tale will flow if the thermostats are open or not.

Comment

Ok thanks, will try it.

Comment

yes there should always be a good flow and stronger as it runs faster

often trash will get into it and block it so always stick a small wire in it first to make sure that's all it is.

from your description it could be some trash but it could also be a worn out water pump. they get weak and stop pumping as much at higher speeds because the impeller has no spring left to it or the rubber has worn down

Comment

Working...
        X