Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF 50 fuel separator / fuel regulator test procedure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 50 fuel separator / fuel regulator test procedure?

Hi all.

I'm assisting a friend in replacing the high pressure fuel pump in the fuel separator assembly of his DF 50. All other components look to be in good condition but I'm not 100% sure about the fuel regulator. This is the component which is screwed in at the bottom of the separator tank (#15 on part diagram / part# 15760-87J00). When I attempt to blow into the regulator I am unable to get air to pass through. Is this to be expected? Is there any way to test more appropriately? I would simply replace but at $190 I'd prefer to confirm whether the component is good or bad.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Rickmnj View Post
    Hi all.

I'm assisting a friend in replacing the high pressure fuel pump in the fuel separator assembly of his DF 50. All other components look to be in good condition but I'm not 100% sure about the fuel regulator. This is the component which is screwed in at the bottom of the separator tank (#15 on part diagram / part# 15760-87J00). When I attempt to blow into the regulator I am unable to get air to pass through. Is this to be expected? Is there any way to test more appropriately? I would simply replace but at $190 I'd prefer to confirm whether the component is good or bad.

Thanks in advance.
    see if you can get flow using air because it could require a good bit of pressure to open, not sure but I think it has a check valve built into it so see if you can get flow in the other direction

coulda saved money by buying the whole complete working vapor separator unit im selling on ebay instead of buying a new pump

Comment

Originally posted by keakar View Post
      see if you can get flow using air because it could require a good bit of pressure to open, not sure but I think it has a check valve built into it so see if you can get flow in the other direction

coulda saved money by buying the whole complete working vapor separator unit im selling on ebay instead of buying a new pump
      Thanks Keakar. I'm going with an aftermarket pump. They range between $39 and $65 on Ebay. The rest of the assembly seems to be in excellent shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickmnj View Post
        Thanks Keakar. I'm going with an aftermarket pump. They range between $39 and $65 on Ebay. The rest of the assembly seems to be in excellent shape.
        I wish you luck with it, I would never use anything but OEM for a critical component like the fuel pump.

maybe a starter or a relay but not a fuel pump requiring the intake be pulled to get to it

Comment

Working...
        X