Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know year of my DT 85

The complete number is: 8501 920730.
    Also, what other horse power motors does this motor share the same bore and stroke size as well as block. My block needs boring and piston but prefer to find the another power head in other horse power ratings. Thanks

Ok found the year is 89 but can anyone

Help with the other questions I posted? Please

Comment

Originally posted by Nitro itch View Post
      Help with the other questions I posted? Please
      this is only your second post so how are we to answer questions you haven't even asked?

Comment

2nd post???

Sorry for confusion but my original post asked additional questions, beside the "what year is my ....":

Comment

sorry, I thought you were talking about another thread,

so you are asking if there is any other powerhead you can use to replace your 1989 dt85 motor.

to start off you'll need to expect to need the head that goes with any other motor because a different hp will almost certainly have different bore and valve sizes.

off hand I would think you will have to stick with another dt85 block

to be honest, no matter what you do, with what you are looking at spending to fix it, just sell that old motor for parts and buy another motor. you can probably buy a good working 100hp-115hp 4 stroke motor that's 5-7 years old to replace it with for about $4,000-$5,000 and that wont be that much more then what the total cost will be to get yours fixed which I would expect to be in the $3,000 plus range. you can sell your lower unit for $500 and all the other parts on ebay for another $250-$400 or maybe a little more
          Last edited by keakar; 06-10-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X