Low oil pressure AGAIN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low oil pressure AGAIN.

I just rebuilt my 06 DF175 with new rod and main bearings, actually all new bearings, I have good oil pressure at first start up and will stay fine if I just idle, (either on the hose, in a tank or in the water). If I run the boat and get on a plane and and put a load on the motor for a while, 10 minutes or so, when I come back to idle I have low oil pressure. I installed a gauge so I can keep an eye on the oil pressure. If I apply more rpms then the oil pressure will come back up. The oil light and buzzer went off so I turned the motor off right away. Got the boat home and ran it on the hose and the oil pressure never fell below 50 psi. I ran it for 45 minutes on the hose at idle. I revved it up a couple times just to see if the oil pressure would rise and it did. What could be malfuncting to lose oil pressure when it is warm. I installed a new oil pump during the rebuild. All the oil passages were cleaned many times, and I plastigauged every rod and main bearing and they all checked well within speck. Any ideas would be great. At what pressure does the oil alarm go off?
    Last edited by mike35292; 06-11-2014, 10:26 PM.

what about your cam bearings? did you plastigauged them?

Comment

i am having the same problem so i redid the con rod and main bearings with the balancer bearings also, and now the motor wouldnt go more than 2900rpm after that limit and oil light comes on. please advice on this

Comment

Working...
      X