SMIS no display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMIS no display

Hi all, I'm having a problem with one of my 4" SMIS gauges. It is connected to a df300. When the ignition switch is turned on one of the gauges lights, turns on normally with the big "S", and then displays data. The second gauge shows no display at all. If the gauge powered up in the dark, it looks like there is a little background light but no data displayed. Swapped NMEA network connection points and the gauges act the same. I have the background lighting set to sync, but the gauge is still dark. Any thoughts or suggestions. If the gauge is faulty can it be replaced with a Lowrance or does it have to be purchased through Suzuki.

Thanks for your help,
    Tom

Originally posted by TomGsrq View Post
    Hi all, I'm having a problem with one of my 4" SMIS gauges. It is connected to a df300. When the ignition switch is turned on one of the gauges lights, turns on normally with the big "S", and then displays data. The second gauge shows no display at all. If the gauge powered up in the dark, it looks like there is a little background light but no data displayed. Swapped NMEA network connection points and the gauges act the same. I have the background lighting set to sync, but the gauge is still dark. Any thoughts or suggestions. If the gauge is faulty can it be replaced with a Lowrance or does it have to be purchased through Suzuki.

Thanks for your help,
    Tom
    You could try a HARD reset of your gauge. With the power off, hold the "Down" button then turn the power on so that the network the gauge is powered on comes up. Once the Test screen appears then you can turn the power off and start the system up. This reset will wipe out anything you have done to configure your gauge, i.e. custom pages, contrast, backlighting and defaults it all back to the original setting.

Suzuki gauges are Lowrance LMF400 with the Suzuki label on the front. So you can order either one as long as you don't miss the Suzuki name and "S".

When you do order you need to find out what connector it has, if you get an older one it will have the Blue connector (which is NMEA2000) and the new ones have the black or red connectors (also NMEA 2000). So depending on the back bone you have your gauge connected to you MAY have to buy an adapter cable, not a big deal just another expense and you want to get them at the same time to avoid the delay once your gauge arrives.

If the HARD reset does not work, you can try it again but your gauge may be done with. I know because it just happened to me yesterday. Lowrance won't help, they send you to Suzuki, the can't/won't help. Brownspoint Marine just confirmed over the phone that after a HARD reset if it fails your gauge may be done for.
    Eddie
    Lakeland
    Glacier Bay 234
    Twin DF140s

Comment

Thanks for the response. will try the hard reset tomorrow and will let you know. The NEMA connectors are the Blue ones so I have had to use the adapters in the past.
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X