1999 DF70 No/Loss Power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 DF70 No/Loss Power?

I recently purchased a 1999 DF70TL that had been sitting for roughly a year. It has very low hours (100) and I have spent several weeks getting her to turn over and cycle water. I have changed the following: High Pressure Fuel Pump & filter, High & Low fuel filters, Impeller and Thermostat. This past weekend I took her out for a spin. I could not get her over 3500 rpm and after about 30 mins of run time she shut off completely. I never received a warning light or audible alarm. It took about 1.5 hours to get her started again but I was able to get back to the dock. Seems as if I might still have a fuel problem and/or Neutral switch issue? Any ideas would be appreciated.
    1999 Suzuki DF70TL

when you turned the key on could you hear the fuel pump running ? . you should be able to hear it .

was the engine spinning over and not starting? what about battery was that showing full charge

Comment

I will have to check on the pump at turn on, but the engine ran for 30 minutes, could not start for 1 hour but than started. For the 1 hour she tried to kick over but would stop right away? Almost like it was missing spark? Battery guage showed full charge, its a brand new battery and just off a week of trickle charge.
      1999 Suzuki DF70TL

Comment

get a bit of white rag and drain the vst again see if there is sh one t in it ...........pump might be jamming ?

Comment

Working...
        X