Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethanol Additives???

Good Day Guys

Does anyone have any ideas on what is the best additive for fuel that has 10% ethanol? I read I should worry about "Phase Separation". Hose breakdown, water, and alike.

John

My mechanic recommended Star Tron additive for ethanol-gas. Read reviews. Most seem happy with it. It's always difficult to evaluate a product like this. I've had no issues while using it. Sta-bil is also supposed to fight water in gas. I have a fuel-water separating filter too.

Comment

fuel

My mechanic also reminded me last week that even with Stabil, which I have and he said is good you should shake the portable tank, should you have one as the ethanol still sinks towards the feed tube in the tank. I did get better results as far as starting but still started and would not stay running but again, it did make a difference.

Comment

I'd vote for StarTron.....but I'd rather not use the alcohol-tainted crap.

Here's a resource for NY stations that sell non-ethanol gas. Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I use Stabil Marine, blue color, just found out recently this one is for "every day use" where as their Stabil storage, red, is for long term storage. Been using Stabil for years, NO problems. Roy

Comment

I'd prefer the StarTron, but you'd be much better off to avoid the gasohol if you can do so. Here's a list of stations that sell ethanol-free gas in NY state...... Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I prefer StarTron, but if you can, avoid the gasohol altogether. Here is a website where you can find the gas stations in your area that sell non-ethanol laced fuel..... pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY ....Copy and paste it in your browser.
              Mike
              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Blue marine Sta-Bil works great when needed. Ethanol free marina gas is always the best if you can get it and can swing the extra $1 per gallon.

Comment

Thank you all
                  Suzuki dealer, finally answered my calls, he used Star-Tron when he filled the boat the first time.
                  Thanks again I learn more on this forum then from the dealer.
                  John

Comment

No one ever mentions this stuff and I think its fantastic.Its called E-zorb..I did a test and took pictures.the first one is pure fuel...the 2nd has 2 or 3 spoons of water in the fuel and the last is after 2 spoons of ezorb in the mix...it stayed clear for 2 years in my shed
                    Attached Files

Comment

Picture ezorb 2 didn't come thru its the pure fuel/10 pct ethanol blend
                      Attached Files

Comment

I use/recommend

Amsoil Quickshot in every tank full (will work in 4cycle or 2cycle pre mix)
                        Amsoil Gasoline stabilizer for extended storage.

Amsoil PI in my tow vehicle.

Comment

Thank you all
                          I am doing a lot of research, first fill-up
                          John

Comment

Last week I was having some problems with the forum....unable to post anything. But whart i had tried to post on your thread is that I use StarTron, but also use only non-ethanol gas. Here's a list of the stations in NY state that sell non-ethanol laced fuel....might be one near you.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
                            Mike
                            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

This website continues to lock me out off and on, but I'm going to attempt to post this once more (my 7:30am attempt this morning was blocked ).

I use StarTron, but I also do not use ethanol-laced fuel. granted, it's not that easy to find, but here is a webpage that lists the stations in NY State that sell non-ethanol gas. I will spell out the URL, since that might be one reason for the rejection of previous posts..... so enter this address....there might be a station near you.

pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY
                              Mike
                              μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                              X