2006 175 hp temp light and starting shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 175 hp temp light and starting shutdown

Hello, I have 2 175 hp Suzuki 4 strokes with VVT.

Starboard engine has occasional temp light illumination and the tell tale is not as strong as port engine. Taken gear box off, impellor OK, tell tale pipe clear, intakes at gearbox clear. Do not know why less water coming out of tell tale or why light on? Does not limit revs and no alarm. 2 sensors on top of block seem ok. Also taken thermostat out and tested, operates within proper temp range of 58-62 degrees centigrade. Any thoughts please?

Also Port engine will rev up on starting then shut down. Not consistent and no fault codes. Replaced IAC but no change. Can't fathom this and too far from dealer to get diagnostics plugged in. Again any thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul
    Last edited by Seaxplorer; 06-28-2014, 11:50 AM. Reason: Additional information

Hi Paul,

Starboard engine issue could be a build up of deposits in the waterways; it migt be worth trying some of the proprietary substances available to clear this. If the engine's had some overhaul work done, it could possibly be sealant partially blocking a waterway hole.

Port engine - I hope it's not what it sounds like to me; but if you do an advanced* search on here for "air intake manifold" you might find something relevant...

Good luck!

Russ

* Ordinary search facility usually fails with a pointless error message. Ho hum.

Comment

Working...
    X