2000 DT225 runs rough after being tilted up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 DT225 runs rough after being tilted up

After I tilt my motor up for travel or going on the beach, the engine dies when starting, the fuel bulb losses pressure and the engine smokes. I need to reprime a couple times to get the engine to start. With the motor tilted up and priming the bulb I see fuel/oil coming from air intake. The problem goes away after driving it for awhile and clearing the problem. Any ideas? Appreciate it

offhand I would say your float needle is getting stuck so its flooding and not shutting off when the bowl is full. that's why it only happens when the engine is tilted and things get out of whack and the primer bulb is soft because it only hardens after the needle closes to stop the fuel from flowing.

run some good fuel system cleaner in your gas for the next 5 or 6 refills and that should clear it up. its good to run that stuff in it at least once a year anyway just for routine maint.

if the problem continues then you may have to inspect the needle and seat to see if its damaged or if the clip that holds it in place on the float just has come loose
    Last edited by keakar; 07-06-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Sea Foam

I add seafoam every tank so it looks like I'll have to have the carb looked at or try it myself. I'm a decent mechanic, is the job overly difficult?

Comment

shouldn't be
        Last edited by keakar; 07-06-2014, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Thank You

I'm going to take a wack at it. Can u recommend a trustworthy site to download a repair manual pdf. My paper manual is MIA

Comment

Originally posted by baldbob View Post
            I'm going to take a wack at it. Can u recommend a trustworthy site to download a repair manual pdf. My paper manual is MIA
            not offhand, all the manuals I ever needed I could find for free by spending a while surfing the internet for them.

just make sure you include the "pdf" in the search title so you find downloadable service manuals and not a bunch of useless stuff

search for "Suzuki DT225 service manual pdf"

I found this one: http://www.bavariayacht.info/downloa...p%20Manual.pdf

after it loads, put your mouse to the bottom of the screen to make the tool bar appear then use the "save" tab and save it to your computer then burn it onto a cd and keep it in a safe place in case your computer ever crashes
            Last edited by keakar; 07-07-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks Again

Whats your favorite alcoholic beverage? U have a bottle coming for all your help?

Comment

Originally posted by baldbob View Post
                Whats your favorite alcoholic beverage? U have a bottle coming for all your help?
                lol, glad I could help

Comment

Working...
                X