Loss of acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of acceleration

Hi, new to the forum. I have a 1997 DT25c and it seems to not get max acceleration at full throttle. I have had the carbs re-done, change all 3 power packs, drained the fuel and added new fuel and the compression seems to be fine at all cylinders. Can anyone advise thanks, Forest

Hi Forest

1. Is this a new development - in other words, did it get full revs previously and has recently stopped getting that far, or has it always been like that since yp have had it?

2. Do you have a tacho on the boat and if so, what revs is it showing at WOT (full throttle)?

Comment

Loss acceleration

Thx Moonlighter for your quick response, too answer your questions, It started all of a sudden and no I do not have a tack on it, it is an outboard motor. I did not mention I change the plugs also. After test running it again yesterday it was still doing the same thing. I took of each plug wire separately too see if I had spark and I had arc at each plug. I did notice and idle drop in the 2 top cylinders when I removed the plug wire but no change in idle on the bottom one.

Comment

Originally posted by Forest White View Post
        Thx Moonlighter for your quick response, too answer your questions, It started all of a sudden and no I do not have a tack on it, it is an outboard motor. I did not mention I change the plugs also. After test running it again yesterday it was still doing the same thing. I took of each plug wire separately too see if I had spark and I had arc at each plug. I did notice and idle drop in the 2 top cylinders when I removed the plug wire but no change in idle on the bottom one.
        that's a big clue right there, try switching the plugs and then the plug coils and see if the problem follows the bottom plug or plug coil.

each plug should drop rpms when unplugged or its not working correctly

it might be as simple as one of the new plugs is bad or the plug coil went bad when it was unplugged, sometimes a tug on the wire or the simple act of unplugging it can make a connection no longer work right if the part was ready to go bad
        Last edited by keakar; 07-14-2014, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X