Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF250, Sub battery cable 15 amp fuse location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250, Sub battery cable 15 amp fuse location?

2008 DF250

Yesterday the engine ran perfectly. Today I disconnected the positive battery cable to remove the power to my Garmin TR-1. My battery switch was off so there was no power supplied to the engine when I disconnected and reconnected the wires. After doing that I tried to get underway but I could not lower the engine into the water from the throttle control arm. I could using the switch on the side of the engine. When I turned the ignition key, nothing happened and there was no clicking sounds. The Hobbs meter at the helm is not getting power to it when I turn the key to the "On" position either.

I have visually checked the 60 amp and 30 amp fuses on the engine, and also checked them for continuity with an ohm meter. I checked the voltage at the main power terminals on the engine and have 11.86 volts.

I have been reading in my shop manual about a white sub battery wire that has a 15 amp fuse in it. From the diagram in the manual it appears to be in the white wire near the battery before the wire goes into the engine. I have only a heavy positive and heavy negative wire going into the engine. There is no white wire. A gray cable with multiple wires in it comes out of the engine with some going up to the throttle/ignition switch.

I will clean the battery terminal connections tomorrow just for the heck of it, but the way the engine tilts up and down and the voltage I have read, I don't think that will change anything.

Can any one suggest where I might find that 15 amp fuse so I may check it? Any other ideas of what I should be checking beyond that? I am on an island in Alaska without a dealer nearby, so I really need to do this myself if possible.

In my situation it is the power lead to the dash where it breaks down through a fuse it powers all electric to dash and the power lead to your engine key
    If fused through dash check the point where that power lead terminates
    If not there should be a pig tail off the battery switch where the white power lead is connected and track that source back up to key/dash

Comment

Got it.

Thanks for the reply, artdf175.

It was all my error, as usual. The Garmin TR-1 wire that I removed from the engine batteries was not the TR-1 power wire. It was labeled T1 and was actually the white wire that brings power back from the batteries to the ECM. After hooking it up properly again, the tilt/trim switch on the throttle worked, as did the ignition switch.

Should anyone be looking for the location of the 15 amp fuse, that I was originally looking for on mine, it was located within a foot of the battery terminal end. The white wire is actually enclosed within a black covering that gives it more physical protection as it is routed into the engine cowling.

Comment

Very good input. Thanks for reporting back the results
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X