Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why my engine oil is green? Its normal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why my engine oil is green? Its normal ?

I changed the engine oil and filter last week, I discover the oil is green, its normal?

Originally posted by vtr1005 View Post
    I changed the engine oil and filter last week, I discover the oil is green, its normal?
    4 stroke I assume ..what color was it when you put it in?

Comment

if its a new motor then its most likely the factory oil color

while most are, not all brands of oils are going to be the same color but they don't change color in the engine, just a different shade at best except if it gets milky or white which means its been mixed with water.

same goes for the gear lube

as long as the oil looked to be clean there is nothing to be concerned over but its always a good idea not to mix different oils so if you put green oil in it then you also want to use green oil to top it off with

Comment

my engine is DF140, my oil was ****en color.
        i am using a blue color fuel, will it mix with the oil ?
        ( blue + yellow = green ) <- this is the only reason i think it turn green.

when i check the dipstick, the oil is over the upper mark.
        so i change the oil, and found the oil is green.

Comment

Originally posted by vtr1005 View Post
          my engine is DF140, my oil was ****en color.
          i am using a blue color fuel, will it mix with the oil ?
          ( blue + yellow = green ) <- this is the only reason i think it turn green.

when i check the dipstick, the oil is over the upper mark.
          so i change the oil, and found the oil is green.
          you are right to be concerned anytime you find the oil level has risen and your theory has merit and could explain things but the dye in the gas may pass where the gas itself may not so I wouldn't assume your gas mixed with oil just yet but the odds are good that's what happened.

monitor your oil closely and see if it rises again or if it was a one time thing.

do you have carbs or fuel injection? if its carbs look at the needle seats and see if they are sealing correctly and not flooding into the engine.

Comment

The earlier DF140's had a few issues, one of which related to fuel getting into the oil via, i think it might have been, the oil cooler.

You should search this forum for "DF140 fuel in oil" or "making oil" and you should find some info that will assist. Or google the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
              The earlier DF140's had a few issues, one of which related to fuel getting into the oil via, i think it might have been, the oil cooler.

You should search this forum for "DF140 fuel in oil" or "making oil" and you should find some info that will assist. Or google the same thing.
              im pretty sure the oil cooler thing was water in the oil not gas but you are correct in using search will be helpful as gas in the oil issue has been discussed a few times already with a few different engines

Comment

Have a look at this thread for some useful info.

Please be good enough to report back when you solve the problem

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...aking-oil.html

Comment

actually this DF140 have knocking sound when it running, i check the oil dip, and found out the oil level was higher than the high mark 1.5", and engine oil was green( the fuel color is blue). i disassemble the engine cant found any part is burn out. the only problem is the VALVE NEEDLE in the Fuel Vapor Separator, is little worn out.

i also disassemble the gear box, also cant found any thing in bad condition.

what did i do next?
                  i change all the bearing, oil seal and the valve needle only.

tmr i will test it, will report it after test.

Comment

I guess the reason have knocking sound, is the engine oil is become dilute.

Comment

What kind of gas are you using with a blue tint? Only blue gas I know of is Av Gas LL100 leaded gas for aviation.

Comment

Working...
                      X