DT 55 Loud chirp at Idle then dies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keakar View Post
    I am at a loss as to what to do next because I just keep thinking, the way its acting sounds like the bearings tightening up when running is the cause of the surges and chirping and the starting issues (if you don't have spark when it happens) may be the ECM weather its doing it because its seeing a problem or just not working right. if you do have spark when it doesn't want to start then it could be a timing or still a fuel/carb issue.

I think you have done all you can on your own so its time to send it to the shop and see what they find, no one likes to pay those prices but that's why they are there and sometimes its best to pay them to solve these kinds of issues and be done with it.
    Ok man, thanks for all the help I reallly appreciate it. Is their a way to check the bearings? how big of a job is it to replace them? if it was the bearings would that not affect the compression?

Can you rep people on this site?

Comment

compression is just about the rings and valves sealing so if there was a tight bearing issue compression has nothing to do with that.

since its a 2 stroke you cant check for metal in the oil or anything like that so I cant say how you can check it other then taking it all apart and that's what would be involved, a complete disassembly so don't go by my word.

that's why I said its time to let the shop look it over, they are better equipt to solve issues like this and have equipt to test bearing free play and tightness, just tell them to diagnose it only and you want to set a labor cost cap point to stop and call you if they need to go ant further with it so the bill doesn't get too high on you.

good luck with it
      Last edited by keakar; 07-29-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X