suzuki 150 hp two stroke -shift rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suzuki 150 hp two stroke -shift rod

My Suzuki 150 hp two stroke 2001 model year shift rod end keeps breaking when put into reverse. Had a mechanic look at it said the lower unit gears were shot. replaced lower unit with another used lower gear case. same problem! the plastic tabs of the shift end where it affixes to the engine keep breaking. Any ideas? I explained to mechanic that engine shifted fine but when engine put into reverse the cable end would fall off. now I'm out the cost of the replacement lower unit and still have same issues.

Originally posted by gerry 28 View Post
    My Suzuki 150 hp two stroke 2001 model year shift rod end keeps breaking when put into reverse. Had a mechanic look at it said the lower unit gears were shot. replaced lower unit with another used lower gear case. same problem! the plastic tabs of the shift end where it affixes to the engine keep breaking. Any ideas? I explained to mechanic that engine shifted fine but when engine put into reverse the cable end would fall off. now I'm out the cost of the replacement lower unit and still have same issues.
    I suppose the gears being bad could put too much pressure by over pulling or pushing or jerking on the shift rod, hard to say but get another shop to look at it for a second opinion and tell them nothing of the first guy and see if they say the gears are bad. if you tell them someone said this r that they will parrot the first diagnosis instead of really looking for the problem
    Last edited by keakar; 07-22-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X