Twin 2006 200hp, fuel (?) issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin 2006 200hp, fuel (?) issue

Hope someone can give me a starting point....

Edit- EFI 4-stroke, fully serviced less than 25 hours ago (don't know if this helps). At that time new props were installed as well.

>The motors idle OK, when they are put under a load the they do not perform and bog down and sputter. It appear like they are not getting enough fuel or possibly the fuel.

>This condition happens when the boat is underway and when the boat is stationary and I try to increase the load without engaging the props.

>It appears to be fuel starved. There is sputtering and some misfire fouling while the engines are under load.

>Fuel is old but did have stabilizer added when last fueled.

>Changed out the fuel/water separator filters, no improvement. Top of OLD filter canisters were rusty so there may be water/ condensation in the fuel.

>Cleaned the engine filters ( did not change) there was some sediment and filters are due for replacement.

Waiting to see if I can get someone out to remove exisiting fuel or filter it. What would be next?
    Last edited by saddiegirl; 07-28-2014, 03:28 PM. Reason: Type of motor

I am guessing that the fuel tank vent has been checked/cleaned so you are not creating a vacuum problem?..
    the other area some folks have had problems with is the high pressure fuel pump
    there is a drain on my 175 .. it is located on the front right side of my engine. if you have had water problems it could be a source that needs looking at- easy to drain and examine what comes out. if not good may require a more in-depth cleaning
    couple places to start off

Comment

Working...
    X